Sunday, November 30, 2014

How to make a Jumbo Tootsie Roll

DIY Jumbo Tootsie Roll




My oldest daughter and I decided her Pee Paw loves Tootsie Rolls so much that we should give him a HUGE Tootsie Roll for Christmas this year!!!  So she and I got to work coming up with how to make one for him.

Materials needed: 

1. Empty Oatmeal container
2. 2 pieces of Brown card stock-I used 12x12 and cut it down to size
3. White card stock-I used normal sized for this
4. Glue stick, liquid glue, scissors


 Here's our oatmeal container and brown paper

 Here I measured how long the container was on the brown paper and that's my cutting line.

 Then I glued the brown paper to our oatmeal container, I did this with the glue stick so that it wasn't as messy and made a more even surface! (you will need to use two pieces of brown for your container, or at least I did, as mine didn't cover the entire circumference of the oatmeal container)

Here I traced the bottom of the oatmeal container onto the white card stock and cut this out to cover the bottom of the container, I attached this with the liquid glue because the surface was uneven and I wanted the glue to sort of blob up to fill in the cracks a little. You only have to do this for the bottom because you do reuse the lid from the oatmeal container.  My lid was already white and had nothing on it, if yours isn't plain then you may want to cover it with paper too!



From here my daughter painted on the Tootsie Roll name on one side of the container so that her Pee Paw would know what this brown tube was supposed to represent and we gathered all kinds of Tootsie Roll items to fill it up inside.  We took the Tootsie Pops out of the bag and bundled them together using a rubber band around the sticks and then put them upside down on some brown tissue paper, tied that with a ribbon and that made the brown package you see in the picture to the right.  We do plan to wrap all these items up and then stick them in the Tootsie Roll we just made, only because in my family we like to make present opening hard sometimes!!!  

But that's it a super easy craft you can do for the Tootsie Roll lover in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment